Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Module 1

"What are your beliefs about how people learn best? What is the purpose of learning theory in educational technology?"

 My beliefs of how people learn best is when they have multiple ways to learn and multiple ways to demonstrate their knowledge.  As I have gone through education myself as a students and now a teacher, I have noticed more and more of a diminished effort to learn with what is given.  Students are more apathetic and demand more differentiation.  Without attention to this students tend to give up or care less.  When the instructor offers various examples, various methods of teaching, as well as various ways to demonstrate the students' knowledge, there is a greater acceptance of information.

I feel that learning theory plays a part in educational technology by providing a foundation of the various ways students can learn and the instructor can use this knowledge to find and utilize resources that offer the multiple styles of learning.

6 comments:

  1. I posted to

    http://durffsblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/is-that-your-final-answer-educ-8845.html

    http://kat-edtheory.blogspot.com/2010/12/blog-post-module-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the purpose of learning theory different in music education, or foreign language education, or English than it is in educational technology?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard,

    Do you agree with differentiation? I am on the fence...it is hard for me to buy into this thing that occurs naturally in my classroom. I don't have to incorporate RAFTS or Workdown Bins...it just happens...

    What do you think about this...
    http://www.ted.com/talks/diana_laufenberg_3_ways_to_teach.html



    I think it brings up interesting points on INFORMATION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also posted to...

    http://ltet7105.blogspot.com/2010/12/7105-mod-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,

    I believe that the foundation of learning theory is the same for all curriculum. The idea is for the educator to be well versed in the various theories so that they may attend to the various pedagogy, curricula, and materials available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat,

    Its hard. Although I agree with you that we are training our students for a world that doesn't exist. But unfortunately we need to ensure success in all, even if we have to differentiate beyond something useful.

    ReplyDelete